A total of 12 ideas from 40 have qualified for the final stage of the Government Innovation Competition (Fikra), launched by His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister.
The finalists will each give a 3 minute presentation, either individually or in groups, to an evaluation committee made up of Government Ministers tasked with narrowing down the qualifying candidates.
1. National Platform for Blood Donation (Hayat +), presented by Mohannad Sulaiman Al Noaimi of the Ministry of Information Affairs.
2. Bahrain Smart Waste Management (BSWM), presented by Ahmed Esam Aljanahi of OFDPM, Dana Abdulla Albuarki of BIPA, and Khalid Salman Alshaikh of the Survey and Land Registration Bureau
3. E-Haweya, presented by Mohamed Khaled Al Shishani, and Ahmed Emadelden Abdelall Elsayed from the iGA
4. ‘Our Country, Your Country’ App, presented by Ayman Ali Alfardan of the Ministry of Information Affairs
5. Government Outreach Taskforce, presented by Salman Hasan AlJalahma of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
6. ‘Medic in every home’, presented by Kawther Foad Salman, and Nadia Jasim Abudrees from the Ministry of Health
7. ‘Extended responsibility of the producer in managing plastic waste’, presented by Mohamed Maki Aman of the Supreme Council of Environment
8. Bahrain's Virtual Consulates Platform, presented by Abdulaziz Alameeri, Jassim Mohammed Janahi, and Mohamed Salman Shubber from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
9. National e-training platform, presented by Hashim Al-Alawi of the Shura Council
10. ‘Expanding mental health services in the community’, presented by Buthaina Al Asfoor and Dr. Ali Al Salman from the Ministry of Health
11. Medical Malpractice Insurance, presented by Faisal Isa Hammad of the University of Bahrain, and Mohamed Algashar of the Ministry of Interior
12. "Tamleek" Program, presented by Mahmood Kadhem of Bahrain's Labour Fund (Tamkeen)
The Fikra competition accelerates development through a participatory and sustainable citizen-centred approach as well as fosters a culture of innovation encouraging government employees to put forward innovative solutions to advance government performance and efficiency, in line with Bahrain’s Economic Vision 2030 and the Government Programme 2019-2022.